What is quilling? This beautiful art is a paper-craft technique used to make coiled embellishments -- flowers, hearts, butterflies, scrolls, marquise and more -- from colorful strips of paper for card making, scrapbooking or even jewelry! Now you can learn the beautiful art of paper quilling step-by-step with this video class.
In this class, quilling expert Alli Bartkowski explains the different types of quilling papers and the tools needed to create different effects. Then, she thoroughly demonstrates many beginner and intermediate shapes and techniques while passing on her tried-and-true quilling tips and tricks for success. You'll learn how to roll loose and tight coils and form them into flowers, alphabet letters, animals, 3-D shapes and much more. In this video class, you'll learn:
- About quilling paper strips and how to roll them perfectly every time
- What glues work best, plus reliable gluing techniques
- How to use tools made for easy quilling
- How to turn a basic coil into teardrops, hearts, marquise, leaves, flower petals and more
- How to create scrolls used for lettering
- How to use a crimping tool to create dimensional strips
- How to create 3-D roses and other shapes
- How to master techniques, including beehive, combing, end-to-end, molding and more
Class includes 10 exclusive card, jewelry and paper-craft projects for showcasing your newfound quilling skills!
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.