Negative-space quilting on your home machine sounds intimidating, but with the help of quilting expert Debby Brown, you'll master the skill in no time! With the ability to watch over Debby's shoulder and replay anything you want to see again, as many times as you like, you're assured success.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Set up your machine for free-motion quilting
- Use a walking foot for straight line designs
- Plan an interesting design using both planned and spontaneous approaches
- Mark your design using several different methods
- Create organic designs such as vines, waves and flowers
- Quilt geometric designs such as rays and echoes
- Fill in geometric areas with asterisks, zigzags and loops
The class includes complete step-by-step instructions for the Nine-Patch Cairn Quilt.