Do you want to learn to quilt but are unsure of all of the advice available out there in the digital landscape? Join quilting and sewing expert Becky Goldsmith to gain invaluable knowledge that will put you well on your way to a successful quilting journey. Becky's experience as a successful designer, author and instructor will help you gain confidence as she shares tips and hints gained throughout her lifelong experience in the sewing and quilting world.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Use your sewing machine manual to master this important tool.
- Plan your sewing space to promote healthy quilting.
- Construct and use a design wall.
- Understand the importance of following pattern instructions and the things to consider if you do your own thing.
- Piece half-square triangles and Flying Geese blocks several different ways.
- Achieve perfectly matched points and seams by starting with accurate cutting.
- Accurately measure your seam allowance.
- Identify the thread and sewing machine needles that are right for your project.
- Adjust your sewing machine tension to achieve the perfect stitch.
- Press seam allowances several different ways and the pros and cons of each way.
- Explore the many different battings available in the marketplace.
- Attach both double-fold and single-fold bindings for a professional finish.
- Add a hanging sleeve and document your quilt.