Whether you assemble your quilt sandwich by hand, machine or long-arm, knowing how to mark your desired quilt designs is essential. And knowing how to remove marks that are air soluble, water soluble, heat soluble or brush off is also key to making beautiful quilts that will last for generations.
Join quilting expert Nancy Scott and learn all about the marking pens, pencils, chalks and markers available to quilters. Learn why it's important to test marking tools first so you have your tried-and-true favorites that will never let you down and reappear.
In this video class you'll learn how to:
- Mark on busy prints and light and dark tonals.
- Mark and remove those marks with water-soluable, air-soluble, heat-soluable pens.
- Mark and remove chalk-based marking lines and sprays.
- When to use a permanent ink marker on your quilts.
- Mark your quilts with stencils for blocks and sashing.
- Mark geometric shapes using basic household items.
- Quilt four straight line patterns in quilt borders.
- Stitch radiating lines and outlines by using a ruler and favorite marker.
Class includes complete instructions to make the Tri-Color Geometric Runner. Pattern includes three colorways for your inspiration.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.