For most quilters, the real joy of quilting is in picking the fabric and pattern, then piecing the blocks and quilt top together. When it comes to binding the quilt, many of us lose our enthusiasm. If this sounds like you, then get ready to expand your quilting skills and add machine-binding techniques to your toolbox!
In this class, you'll learn how to machine-sew the binding onto any quilt using your home sewing machine. You'll master lining up both sides of single- and double-fold binding on the quilt front and back to make the edges meet where they should and your stitches land in the right spot.
In this video class you'll learn how to:
- Prepare single-fold and double-fold binding strips.
- Press a single-fold binding strip to give you a little bit of extra on the back.
- Sew a single-fold binding to the front and back of the quilt at the same time.
- Sew a double-fold binding onto the back, then topstitch the front.
- Sew a double-fold binding to the front by stitching in the ditch while catching the binding on the back at the same time.
- Sew mitered corners.
- Stitch the binding ends together with several techniques.
- Quilt an attractive runner with tonal batiks.
Class includes complete instructions to make the Tricolor Geometric pattern. worked in three different colorways for spring, autumn and the winter holidays.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.