Award-winning quilter and fabric artist Lenore Crawford has created a simply amazing technique to create realistic-looking quilts from photographs. Her easy-to-learn technique includes creating a pattern from a photograph, building a palette of fabrics that match the photo, cutting and fusing the pieces together, and then adding small painted details to add depth and dimension before quilting.
Lenore's original techniques have won her both accolades from her peers and prestigious awards from the American Quilter's Society. One of her landscape quilts is even on permanent display in the Historical Quilter's Museum in Padukah, Ky. With this all-new video class from Annie's, you can learn -- directly from Lenore -- how to create amazing quilts from your own photographs. You'll learn the techniques as Lenore demonstrates step-by-step the creation of the exclusive class project, Tuscan Countryside.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Create the Tuscan Countryside wall quilt, step-by-step.
- Convert your own photo into a quilt pattern.
- Size the pattern to what you want.
- Choose fabrics to use in a photo-based quilt pattern.
- Cut and fuse fabric pieces to create the design.
- Paint details to add dimension and depth to the design.
- Finish the piece with quilting, binding and hanging sleeves.
Confident beginner crafters will be able to successfully make this class project.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.