How would you like to create a beautiful, boutique-quality bag in about half the time you'd expect? Join Carol McLeod of Aunties Two in this Annie's video class and learn how to create one of her beautiful bags with a unique twist! Carol will be your guide as you use the stitch-and-flip technique and finish the inside and outside of your bag at the same time! And, you'll learn many excellent sewing skills useful for other projects!
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose beautiful batik or other fabrics to make the gorgeous Flipped-Out Bag.
- Use double-sided fusible foam batting to add strength and shape to your bag.
- Quilt the body of the bag in the ditch and with straight lines to add sturdiness and a decorative look.
- Finish the inside and the outside of the bag at the same time by using a variation of the stitch-and-flip technique.
- Add inner and outer lined pockets in one easy step.
- Attach magnetic closures to secure the pockets.
- Turn long, skinny fabric tubes inside out with one handy tool.
- Make sturdy handles reinforced with plumbing tubing that can be used on any bag.
This class includes complete step-by-step instructions and materials list for the Flipped-Out Bag.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.