You just can't beat the comfort and coziness of handmade socks. Whether you are a beginner or experienced crocheter, this class makes it easy to learn how to crochet socks! Join expert Rohn Strong as he clearly explains the different parts of a sock and how to crochet each one. Rohn reviews all the basic crochet stitches used to stitch the five sock patterns included, and then demonstrates the construction of two styles of socks -- cuff-down and toe-up.
You'll learn the secret to a stretchy cuff that fits smoothly over your foot and heel, yet stays snug on your leg. And once you know how to crochet these five beginner-level socks, you'll easily be able to tackle more complicated sock patterns.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Crochet easy socks for men, women and kids.
- Work basic crochet stitches.
- Measure your foot for the perfect fit.
- Crochet socks in stripes, easy textures and lace.
- Read a crochet sock pattern.
- Crochet cuff-down and toe-up socks.
- Stitch a stretchy cuff that fits easily over your foot and heel, but won't slouch on your leg.
- Work a heel flap and heel turn with a gusset.
- Work a short-row heel and a quick afterthought heel.
Class includes complete instructions to make five exclusive projects: Self-Striping Cuff-Down Socks, Self-Striping Toe-Up Socks, Simple Striped Socks for the Family, Easy Textured Socks and Lace Trellis Socks as regular- or knee-length socks.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.