Embroidery is a traditional needlecraft used to create decorative pieces and also to embellish quilts, sewn projects and much more. Now you can learn the art of hand embroidery with Pearl Louise Krush as she demonstrates 16 beautiful decorative and outline stitches step-by-step, and explains which tools and materials to use, how to hoop your fabric, and project finishing tips.
In this class you'll learn:
- Which embroidery tools and supplies work best for beginners
- How to hoop fabric to keep it taut
- How to transfer designs onto fabric to stitch
- 6 outline stitches: Stem stitch, backstitch, blanket stitch, chain stitch, couching stitch and running stitch
- 10 decorative stitches: Satin stitch, lazy daisy stitch, straight stitch, cross stitch, fern stitch, feather stitch, woven stitch, bullion stitch, and French and colonial knots
- How to frame an embroidered sampler piece
- How to stitch designs to create pot holders, napkins, linens, ornaments and more
Class projects include a spring collection with a sampler, pincushion and scissors holder; a summer collection with a sampler, pot holder and kitchen towel; an autumn collection with a sampler, shopping tote and bread cloth; and a winter collection with a sampler, ornament and pillowcase.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.