Looking for quick and easy quilt ideas? Making quilts using preprinted panels is ideal for making themed projects such as inspirational quilts, baby quilts and much more. And, quilting with panels is significantly quicker than traditional pieced projects. The beautiful artwork on panels comes in large, single motifs or multiple motifs, giving you many choices for quilting. In this class, you'll learn all about using panels in your quilt projects. Join expert Nancy Scott as you learn how to:
- Use panels with single and multiple motifs.
- Cut-apart multiple motif panels
- Know the difference between printed size and usable size
- Straighten and trim panels
- Plan your project and graph the layout
- Add a float border to standardize the size of your quilt
- Add one or two borders to a panel to make an easy project
- Create a simple pieced border.
- Make quilts from a panel you cut apart into different motifs
- Sew panels with very narrow seam allowances
- Piece panel quilts with sashing and borders
- Beautifully finish your quilts with quilting, binding, labels and hanging sleeves.
This class includes complete step-by-step instructions and materials list for the Family Rules Wall Hanging, Lyon, the Lion Receiving Blanket and Lyon, the Lion Vertical Wall Hanging.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.