Knowing how to use a sewing machine will open up a wonderful world of making both practical and decorative projects from home and holiday accessories to simple garments. Join sewing and quilting expert Nancy McNally as she shares her passion for sewing and years of experience with you! You'll learn all the basic sewing skills and terms to get started on lifelong enjoyment and sewing satisfaction.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Understand sewing terms used in all commercial patterns.
- Use essential sewing tools and notions.
- Choose and coordinate fabrics.
- Place, cut out and pin a pattern to fabric.
- Wind a bobbin, thread the machine, and insert a needle.
- Sew basic stitches including running, zigzag and basting stitches.
- Make stitches longer or shorter.
- Press seams to reduce bulk.
- Turn long skinny sewn pieces inside out.
- Gather and hem projects.
- Layer projects with batting and backing.
- Attach handles, hook-and-loop tape and yo-yos.
Class includes complete instructions for making five exclusive projects: Cinnamon Roll Pincushion, Floral Fiesta Table Runner, Posies & Pocket Apron, Yo-Yo Baby Bib and Baking Dish Carrier.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.